Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters
Human beings are created in what is called "The Image of G-d." (B'tzelem Elohim) We are told (Gen. 1:27) that this image is "male & female" which is fundamentally a way of expressing corresponding/offsetting attributes/functions (that are found in every aspect of Creation).
The core to understanding these, and to which all concepts/ideas are linked to is the 4-letter name of YHVH, (Yud-Hey-Vav-Hey.) Each of these letters is associated with a specific personae (called "Partsufim") that relates to the human family structure as follows:
Father/Abba = Yud
Mother/Imma = first Hey
Son = Vav (also the groom)
Daughter = last Hey (also the bride)
There are countless ideas and principles based on and associated with this basic structure. Here are a few essentials:
1. Abba and Imma are not seen by us as separated. Though they distinct in name/function, we view them as "one" how we relate to G-d, and thus we refer to G-d as 'Father' (only) as this includes both the first masculine attribute and the secondary feminine one. To refer to G-d as mother or father-mother would imply/cause division in the Name.
2. The son serves as the 'connection' between the father/mother above, and the daughter 'below.' He is the groom seeking to unite with his bride. He is the "tzadik" (righteous one) who through following the commandments of G-d. Those who follow in the ways of the Son/Tzadik, also help "bring the bride and groom together." Ultimately, when Mashiach comes, this spiritual 'wedding' occurs and the "Name of G-d will be One" as the bride (the final letter hey) will be brought back in unity with the others (Zech. 14:9).
3. The daughter (bride) is seen as the emanation of G-d that always "remains with" His people, even in exile. Among the many names for this emanation, one is "Shekinah" - the Divine Presence. A consequence of certain sins is causing "separation between the bride and the groom."
Returning to the aspect of parents and children, we see the following:
1. Mother-Son has no specific emanation between them.
2. Father-Son has the feminine emanation of mother between them
3. Mother-Daughter has the masculine emanation of son between them
4. Father-Daughter has two emanations, the feminine mother and the masculine son, between them.
So, the question is, does the actual placement of the letter and its attribute(s) in the 4-Letter Name (and thus the Image of G-d) give us insight into the dynamics of parents and children?
One that jumps out is that of Father and Daughter:
1) The father/Yud is "closest" to the source (G-d)
2) The daughter/hey is "furthest" from the source but closest to humanity
3) The idea that they have the 'most distance' between them would imply there is the greatest potential for 'unifying the name' between them.
It is said that "When the Daughter is connected to the Father, she is called Wisdom" (Wisdom is fundamentally associated with the emanation of Father.)
So dads - your relationship with your daughter(s) plays a bigger role in the cosmic scheme of things than you may realize!