Part 1 - Chapter 5 - Note 44
The portions of the following texts that are the most relevant to the book appear in bold.
Tanach - Psalms Chapter 103
1. A Psalm of David. Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless his holy
2. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits,
3. Who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases,
4. Who redeems your life from the pit, who encircles you with loving kindness and
5. Who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the
6. The Lord executes righteousness and judgment for all who are oppressed.
7. He made known his ways to Moses, his acts to the children of Israel.
8. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and bountiful in loving kindness.
9. He will not always chide; nor will he keep his anger forever.
10. He has not dealt with us according to our sins; nor rewarded us according to our
11. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his loving kindness toward
those who fear him.
12. As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
13. As a father who pities his children, so the Lord pities those who fear him.
14. For he knows our frame; he remembers that we are dust.
15. As for man, his days are like grass; he flourishes like a flower of the field.
16. For the wind passes over it, and it is gone; and its place knows it no more.
17. But the loving kindness of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon those who
fear him, and his righteousness to childrens children,
18. To those who keep his covenant, and to those who remember to do his commandments.
19. The Lord has established his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom rules over all.
20. Bless the Lord, O you his angels, you mighty ones, who do his word, listening
to the voice of his word!
21. Bless the Lord, all his hosts! O you his ministers, who do his will!
22. Bless the Lord, all his works, in all places of his dominion! Bless the Lord, O my
Return to the Reference Notes Index Page